- Seminar organized by the Education Department on November 8, 2005
Topic of discussion: Population Education
Resource Person: Dr Dilip Kumar Barua (former Principal, Cotton College)
- Parent Teachers Meeting: Organized by Academic Committee on November 12, 2005
Topic of discussion: Measures for improving the results of the students and problems faced by them.
Many parents participated and gave their views and suggestions
- Inauguration of the Assam Sahitya Sabha Unit by Dr Dayananda Pathak, on November 12, 2005
Topic of discussion: Western Influence in Assamese Drama
Resource Person: Dr Dayananda Pathak (Principal of Pragjyotish College)
- Seminar: Organized by Department of Commerce on November 19, 2005
Topic of discussion: Human Resource Development
Resource Person: Dr Hem Baruah (Former HOD of Commerce, Gauhati University)
- Workshop: Organized by Extension Educatin Cell, Career Guidance and Counselling Unit and SPEED (NGO) on December 3, 2005
Topic of discussion: The role of village and small-scale industries in employment generation
Resource Person: Dr Dharani Dhar Mali (Director of SPEED and former Director, IIE, Guwahati), Mr Jiten Kalita (Faculty Member, IIE, Guwahati), Mr Ajoy Bose (Commissioner for Khadi and Village Industries, Assam) and Mr PN Das (Chief Manager, SBI) one alumni.
Participants: About hundred students from inside and outside the college
- Free Residential Classes: Conducted by the Department of English after the test for the regular students of the College.
- Field Trip of the TDC 2nd Year Students: Organized by the Department of Environment of Industries on December 6, 2005
Venue: Madan Kamdev, a historical site surrounded by reserved forests
Professor-in-Charge: Mr Mainul Haque Choudhury (nodal teacher of Environmental Studies)
- Joint Venture: Seminar organized jointly by the College and the Gauhati University Alumni Association, DK College, Mirza, DK Girls’ College, Mirza and Chaygaon College , Chaygaon on December 12, 2005
Topic of discussion: Challenges of Higher Education in the context of Globalization
Venue: DK College, Mirza
Professor Hiralal Duaraha, former Vice Chancellor, Gauhati University , inaugurated the seminar. The keynote address was delivered by Professor Apurba Kumar Baruah (Political Science Department, North Eastern Hill University , Shillong)
The Principal and the teachers actively participated in the seminar while papers were presented by Prof Prabalika Sarma Head of Department, English, and Prof Yashodhara Medhi from the English Department.
- Seminar: Organized by the Department of Political Science on December 17, 2005
Topic of discussion: Role of Number with referene to Indian Democracy
Resource Person: Dr Birendra Nath Dutta (Former HoD, Folklore, Gauhati University and former President, Assam Sahitya Sabha)
- Bilingual Poets’ Conference and Felicitatio to the Renowned Poets from Orissa on September 8, 2006
Organized by: Assam Kalatirtha (an NGO) and Assam Sahitya Sabha Unit of Paschim Guwhati Mahavidyalaya.
Participants from the Northeast and Orissa, Sahitya Academy Award winner Dr Hirendra Nath Dutta graced the occasion. Mr Harekrishna Deka, ex DGP, Asom, Editor Goriosi released a collection of poems entitled Manuhar Prithibi by the Principal of the College, Dr Balendra Kumar Das. Renowned poets of Orissa like Ms Dipiti Das, Mr Omeo Bikramaditya Bhuyan, Ms Bhaigyalakshmi Lenka, and several poets from Asom like Dr Parag Kumar Bhattacharya, Dr Suchitra Kakati, Dr Leeli Rajbongshi, Mrs Meera Thakur, Ms anubhab Tulsi, anupam Kumar, Md Kamaluddin Ahmed, Induprabha Devi, Manikuntala Bhattacharyya participated in the meet. Prof Prabalika Sarma, Head of Department, English, Prof Manisha Bhattacharya, Head of Department, Education, Prof Mamata Thakuria, Prof Purabi Kalita, Assamese Department, participated from the College.
- Seminar: Organized by the Department of Economics and the Career and Counselling Cell on October 10, 2005
Topic of discussion: Entrepreneurship Development and Career Counselling
Dr DD Mali, Former Director, IIE, Guwahati
Mr HK Lahkar, Prominent Businessman
Mr Paramananda Das, Chief Manager, SBI
- Free Eye Check-up Camp: Organized by the Extension Education Cell with the help of a team of Doctors from Sankardeva Netralaya, Guwahati and Jyotirupa, Dharapur on May 14, 2006
Object: To help public by screening eye problems
- Entrepreneur Development Programme: Organized by the Extension Education and Career Guidance Cells in collaboration with Small Industries Service Institute, Guwahati. July 1 – 31, 2006
Object: To motivate the youth to choose the path of self employment. The programme highlighted the various aspects of preparation of food products, bamboo-based products, herbal products, etc. including project profile preparation, conducting market survey etc. and was attended by many renowned persons.
- Awareness Programme: Organized by the Career Counselling Unit and NASS Com, a leading IT company, in collaboration with The Telegraph, a national daily on October 1 – 2, 2006