Workshops & Seminars:
- A UGC Sponsored National Seminar was organised by the of Assamese, Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya, Dharapur in collaboration with Jalukbari Higher Secondary School, Jalukbari on the topic “Asomiya Sahityay Pragatibdi Chinta: Ramdhenur Para Bartamanoloi” in the college premises on 11th & 12th September 2014.
- A UGC Sponsored National Seminar was organised by the of Education, Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya, Dharapur in collaboration with Asom Sikshak Prasikshan Vidyalaya, Jalukbari on the topic “Accountability of College Teachers: Their Role, Responsibilities ans Professional Ethics Towards the Society” in the college premises on 16th & 17th October 2014.
- A UGC Sponsored National Seminar was organised by the of Commerce, Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya, Dharapur in collaboration with Girijananda Chowdhuri Institute of Management & Technology, Azara on the topic “Post Liberalisation Scenerio of Industrial Development in North-East India: Issues and Challanges” in the college premises on 21st & 22nd October 2014.
- A General Meeting of the Assam College Principals’ Council was organised by Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya in the college premises on 2nd June 2015.
- A Departmental Seminar was organised by the of English, Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya on 25th June, 2015. The topics of the seminar were-“Academic Performance Indicator (API)” and “NAAC Assessment”. The lecture was delivered by Prof. K.G. Bhattacharya, Dept. of Chemistry, G.U. and Former Director, ASC, G.U.
- A Departmental Seminar was organised by the of Philosophy, Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya on 20th August, 2015. The topic of the seminar was-“Life Skills” and the lecture was delivered by Prof. Anuj Kalita, H.O.D, Dept. of Philosophy, D.K. College, Mirza.
- of Commerce, Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya had organised a Talk on the Topic “ Team Work Leads to Greater Success” on 24th August, 2015. The talk was delivered by noted Economist Debojit Mahanta.
- A Departmental Seminar was organised by the of History, Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya on 26th August, 2015. The topic of the seminar was-“Glimpses of the History of Assam till the coming of the British” and the lecture was delivered by Prof. Dr. Biswajyoti Dev Mahanta, Dept. of History, Pragjyotish College, Guwahati.
- of Education, Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya had organised a Talk on the Topic “ Relation Between Teachers, Students and Parents” on 27th August, 2015. The talk was delivered by Dr. Prasanta Sarmah, Associate Professor, Faculty of Commerce, Gauhati University.
- A Departmental Seminar was organised by the of Hindi, Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya on 28th August, 2015. The topic of the seminar was-“Hindi Ka Baishik Rup” and it was delivered by Prof. Dr. Amrit Kr. Pandey, Dept. of Hindi, Gauhati University
- A Departmental Seminar was organised by the of Pol. Science, Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya on 28th August, 2015. The topic of the seminar was-“Fundamental Rights in the Perspective of Indian Constitution”. The lecture was delivered by Prof. Prasanta sarma, H.O.D, Dept. of Pol. Science, Dudhnoi College, Goalpara.
- A one-day Workshop on “Proof Reading” was organised jointly by the Departments of English and Assamese, Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya on 29th August, 2015. The Resource Person was Mr. Sanjib Pol Deka, Centre for Assamese Studies, Tezpur University.
- Annual Pradip Ch. Das Memorial Talk was organised by the Dept. of Commerce, Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya on 9th October, 2014. The talk was delivered by Dr. Bhaskar Jyoti Bora, Dean, Faculty of Commerce, Gauhati University. He was accompanied by Dr. Tilak Ch. Das of the same faculty.
- UGC Sponsored Regional Workshop on the topic “New Procedures in NAAC Assessment” was organized in the college on 29/01/2014. Dignitaries included Dr. Mridul Kr. Hazarika, the honourable Vice-Chancellor, Gauhati University, Prof. K.G. Bhattacharjee, former Director, ASC, G.U., Prof. J.P.Tamuly, Co-ordinator, IQAC, Gauhati University and Dr. Pranab Sandilya, Principal, Guwahati College and member NAAC Peer Team. The workshop was conducted in collaboration with College Development Council, Gauhati University.
- A UGC Sponsored National Workshop on the Topic “ Road Safety: A Comprehensive View of All Its Stake Holders in Greater Public Interest” was organised by Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya on 26th & 27th August 2011. The workshop was conducted in collaboration with Dharapur Higher Secondary School, Dharapur.
- Workshop on Fruit and Vegetable Preservation:
Under the aegis of Govt. of India Ministry of Women and Child Development, Food and Nutrition Board, Community Food and Nutrition Extension Unit, the Department of Education of this college organized a five- day workshop and short term certificate course on Fruit and Vegetable Preservation starting from 5th May,2014. Such training programmes are sure to open up avenues for the students for self employment and entrepreneurship in near future.
- A lecture on “Climate Change and Related Issues” on 28-03-2014:
- Activities of Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya Sahitya Sabha Unit:
To celebrate the occasion of the 150th birth anniversary of Lakshminath Bezbaruah, the pioneer of modern Assamese literature, the Sahitya Sabha Unit of the college in collaboration with the Department of Assamese organized a programme on 19-03-2014. Students read out papers and write-ups on Lakshminath Bezbaruah and Prof. Sanjib Deka from the Department of Assamese delivered an interesting and enlightening speech on Bezbaruah. Some students presented some cultural items befitting the occasion.
- KKHSOU’s Induction Programme :
The study centre of KKHSOU in the college has successfully completed an Induction Programme for TET qualified teachers with 180 teachers taking part in it. The programme brought a freshness and vivacity to the atmosphere of the college.
- College Foundation Day Celebration on 4th and 5th September, 2013:
The 36th Foundation Day of the college was celebrated with a two-day programme. Honourable Minister for Education and Health Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma visited the college on 4th of September and inaugurated the newly constructed administrative and classroom building. This was followed by a public meeting and the Minister addressed the gathering and specially emphesised on the sense of accountability on the part of the teachers. In the meeting the annual newsletter “Deepar’s Echo” and the college magazine “Nivedan” were released.
Making most of the occasion, Suprakash Das, who has secured the 1st class 1st position in Finance Major in the recently declared result of B.Com. Final Examination 2013 was felicitated.
The meeting was presided over by Dr. Mohd. Taher, the President of the college Governing Body.
- A Three-Day Workshop on Physical Fitness :
A three day workshop on physical fitness was organized by dept. of Economics, Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya from 05-12-13 to 07-12-13. The workshop was inaugurated by Principal Dr. Balendra Kumar Das. The workshop was conducted by Prof. Parul Baishya from the Dept. of Economics. Around 30 students from the college and nearby Dharapur H.S. School actively participated in the workshop and experienced the benefits of physical exercise.
- Seminar organized by the Education Department on November 8, 2005
Topic of discussion: Population Education
Resource Person: Dr Dilip Kumar Barua (former Principal, Cotton College)
- Parent Teachers Meeting: Organized by Academic Committee on November 12, 2005
- Inauguration of the Assam Sahitya Sabha Unit by Dr Dayananda Pathak, on November 12, 2005
Topic of discussion: Western Influence in Assamese Drama
Resource Person: Dr Dayananda Pathak (Principal of Pragjyotish College)
- Seminar:Organized by Department of Commerce on November 19, 2005
Topic of discussion: Human Resource Development
Resource Person: Dr Hem Baruah (Former HOD of Commerce, Gauhati University)
- Workshop:Organized by Extension Educatin Cell, Career Guidance and Counselling Unit and SPEED (NGO) on December 3, 2005
Topic of discussion: The role of village and small-scale industries in employment generation
Resource Person: Dr Dharani Dhar Mali (Director of SPEED and former Director, IIE, Guwahati), Mr Jiten Kalita (Faculty Member, IIE, Guwahati), Mr Ajoy Bose (Commissioner for Khadi and Village Industries, Assam) and Mr PN Das (Chief Manager, SBI) one alumni.
Participants: About hundred students from inside and outside the college
- Free Residential Classes: Conducted by the Department of English after the test for the regular students of the College.Field Trip of the TDC 2nd Year Students: Organized by the Department of Environment of Industries on December 6, 2005
Venue: Madan Kamdev, a historical site surrounded by reserved forests
Professor-in-Charge: Mr Mainul Haque Choudhury (nodal teacher of Environmental Studies)
- Joint Venture: Seminar organized jointly by the College and the Gauhati University Alumni Association, DK College, Mirza, DK Girls’ College, Mirza and Chaygaon College , Chaygaon on December 12, 2005
Topic of discussion: Challenges of Higher Education in the context of Globalization
Venue: DK College, Mirza
Professor Hiralal Duaraha, former Vice Chancellor, Gauhati University , inaugurated the seminar. The keynote address was delivered by Professor Apurba Kumar Baruah (Political Science Department, North Eastern Hill University , Shillong). The Principal and the teachers actively participated in the seminar while papers were presented by Prof Prabalika Sarma Head of Department, English, and Prof Yashodhara Medhi from the English Department.
- Seminar:Organized by the Department of Political Science on December 17, 2005
Topic of discussion: Role of Number with reference to Indian Democracy
Resource Person: Dr Birendra Nath Dutta (Former HoD, Folklore, Gauhati University and former President, Assam Sahitya Sabha)
- Bilingual Poets’ Conference and Felicitation to the Renowned Poets from Orissa on September 8, 2006
Organized by: Assam Kalatirtha (an NGO) and Assam Sahitya Sabha Unit of Paschim Guwhati Mahavidyalaya. Participants from the Northeast and Orissa, Sahitya Academy Award winner Dr Hirendra Nath Dutta graced the occasion. Mr Harekrishna Deka, ex DGP, Asom, Editor Goriosi released a collection of poems entitled Manuhar Prithibi by the Principal of the College, Dr Balendra Kumar Das. Renowned poets of Orissa like Ms Dipiti Das, Mr Omeo Bikramaditya Bhuyan, Ms Bhaigyalakshmi Lenka, and several poets from Asom like Dr Parag Kumar Bhattacharya, Dr Suchitra Kakati, Dr Leeli Rajbongshi, Mrs Meera Thakur, Ms anubhab Tulsi, anupam Kumar, Md Kamaluddin Ahmed, Induprabha Devi, Manikuntala Bhattacharyya participated in the meet. Prof Prabalika Sarma, Head of Department, English, Prof Manisha Bhattacharya, Head of Department, Education, Prof Mamata Thakuria, Prof Purabi Kalita, Assamese Department, participated from the College.
- Seminar:Organized by the Department of Economics and the Career and Counselling Cell on October 10, 2005
Topic of discussion: Entrepreneurship Development and Career Counselling
Resource Persons: Dr DD Mali, Former Director, IIE, Guwahati
Mr HK Lahkar, Prominent Businessman
Mr Paramananda Das, Chief Manager, SBI
- Free Eye Check-up Camp: Organized by the Extension Education Cell with the help of a team of Doctors from Sankardeva Netralaya, Guwahati and Jyotirupa, Dharapur on May 14, 2006
Object: To help public by screening eye problems
- Entrepreneur Development Programme: Organized by the Extension Education and Career Guidance Cells in collaboration with Small Industries Service Institute, Guwahati. July 1 – 31, 2006
Object: To motivate the youth to choose the path of self employment. The programme highlighted the various aspects of preparation of food products, bamboo-based products, herbal products, etc. including project profile preparation, conducting market survey etc. and was attended by many renowned persons.
- Awareness Programme: Organized by the Career Counselling Unit and NASS Com, a leading IT company, in collaboration with The Telegraph, a national daily on October 1 – 2, 2006 .
A lecture was organized by Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya in collaboration with ASTE Council, Govt. of Assam on “Climate Change and Related Issues” on 28-03-2014. Dr. Jaideep Baruah, Head i/c Env., ASTEC, Dr. Sarbeswar Kalita and Dr. Dhrubajyoti Deka from Dept. of Environment Studies, G.U., Prof. Arun Ch. Sarma, Principal, HGD College,Azara, Tanvi Ahmed and Prasiddha Borah from ASTEC delivered lectures and highlighted on the various aspects of the topic.
Topic of discussion: Measures for improving the results of the students and problems faced by them.Many parents participated and gave their views and suggestions